Sunday, January 24, 2010

Turning the Tables

Last night, we had a bunch of friends over to my in-laws so we could see them before we left for home. I was very worried about how I would handle one friend due to the fact that she is pregnant with number two. It didn't help that she brought her toddler and my husband's advice of "just think of her as fat not pregnant" didn't work as she is about as small as when they got married except for a slight bump- and this is at about 6 months along. Thankfully another friend showed up and they have been trying longer than us. We discussed our cycles, side affects, doctors visits, etc. It was a large common bond and we discussed it for a long time. Unfortunately, our fertile friend didn't have much to say. I felt a little bad for her because we monopolized the conversation and she didn't have much to say. But at the same time, it was nice to have someone to discuss everything with. This time the tables were turned and there were two infertiles and one fertile...

2 comments:

Busted Kate said...

Oh I'm so glad another Infertile was there to support you! I'm sure your preggo friend understood. At least she didn't take over with everything she did to become preggo, so that on its own was thoughtful. Maybe she'll have a better understanding now of what you go through, and how to support you. Glad it ended up being an ok night!

Andrea said...

It must have been such a relief to have a side kick to talk to. How wonderful for you! And, its always good to talk with someone who is sturggeling with infertility too, a reminder that you aren't alone.

Post a Comment