Wednesday, January 13, 2010

CD Update, personal issue, and HI! (not necessarily in that order)

Hi Ladies,
My name is Niki and Kate hath recruited me. I haven't yet made it to a TTC HH because usually on Wed I am not home by 6, and Sundays are just crazy.  Anyway, so glad to be here! DH and I have been married for 6 years in April, I just turned 30 in November and we have been TTC for 2.5 years.  We have 2 dogs and a cat. :)

I am on CD 20 and having some random issues and some normal.  I am a 28-dayer, tried and true.  Could set your watch by it.  Well, except when on my Progesterone (because apparently I have thin uteran lining)...then I am about 32 because I have to take it for 15 days after I start on day 16 and it takes a day to get out of my system.  We did 3 Femara and Trigger Shot IUIs last year, one of which doc thought I would have twins (my dream!) - but to no avail.  DH is now very familiar with the ultrasound machine and "those black things" (follicules) as he called them the first time.

We started taking a break after our 3rd failed IUI about November and haven't gone back to the doc since.  So anyway, every IUI was on day 14.  That was a week ago and we did BD just in case.  Normal symptoms are achy boobies and sore tummy.  Random issues are I guess my cravings.  For instance, yesterday, every meal I had had to have green chiles on it!  I swear - egg beaters, feta and green chiles for breakfast with coffee (so incredible!), leftover Arroz con Pollo (that's chicken and rice with cheese and salsa basically) and green chiles for lunch, and homemade Weight Watchers Mac & Cheese with green chiles.  So odd.  Not getting my hopes up because I am not on any drugs right now, but so very odd!!!

Okay, now my very, very, uber-personal issue.  This has been rolling around in my brain for a LONG time.  I haven't even asked my RE because he is a he.  But what better place than here to discuss?  So here goes....a bit TMI, but I am thinking I am among friends who will understand.

Since I have become more aware of my body with TTC, I notice more things.  And (deep breath) one of them is a scent only twice a month from down south and ONLY for 30 seconds on each of those occasions.  One time is about a week after OV (which happened actually today) and the other one is usually a day before AF shows up.  The scent isn't strong by any means and it disappears after I have identified, "there she be!"  I only notice at one point during above said days when I go to the bathroom, and then it is gone.  I have taken it to mean that what we have been doing hasn't worked that month and then that AF is on her way soon.  And so far, I have been proven right.  It's not a bad scent,  but I can't describe it because it isn't like anything I have ever known.  It's just very odd because it isn't even like I can go to the bathroom again a couple hours later and there it is again.  So by the time I notice it, it is gone.  Has anyone heard of this or have any explanation for what it is or experiencing it?  (Sorry it is kind of gross, but I think about blogging about it every month on my blog and I get nervous that it is too personal.  Here seemed to be amongst people who are open about our happenings.  I hope nobody minds that I asked!!!)

Okay, so now that I have grossed everyone out possibly (I hope not!), I'm going to go back to my own blog and write about something else!  Good luck this month everyone and big congrats Stephanie!

Niki

1 comment:

Womb With A Story said...

Welcome to the blog!! I hope you get your BFP!! And soon!!

Post a Comment