Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Don't Mind That Noise

So today is day 2 of me taking the Metformin. I was hoping that I would be part of the less than 50% of the people who have no bad side effects, but the gurgling noise that my stomach is making is leading me to believe that I'll be one of the many people who get sick.

Gurgle gurgle.

Just hearing the noise is totally making me gag.

You know that scene in Van Wilder where the girl puts "Mega Colon Blow" in her douchey boyfriends protein shake, and his stomach starts yelling when he's in the middle of that test.. Thats what my stomach is doing. And I just know people around me can hear it. Ewwe.

Tummyaches are no fun, where's my Ginger Ale when I need it?!

To all you ladies who have taken the Metformin, did you have the yucky tummy side effects? How long did they last?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I have had the side effects. I'm on 500mg twice a day and after about 2 weeks my tummy was finally back to normal. Reading this post gave me flashbacks :-D

Anonymous said...

I am on 1500 mg (500 mg 3x daily) and I had to work my way up to that amount. In the beginning I definitely had the tummy gurgles but after a couple of weeks I was totally fine and I must confess my body loves being on the Met. I actually missed it when I had to go off it for a little while. Hang in there and keep us posted!!

Busted Kate said...

I take 1000mg at morning and night, and I'm supposed to be doing another 500 at lunch but I often forget.

I've been doing it for about 3 years now, and I feel like crap when I don't take it. I know its bad now, but you'll come to love it.

When I took it, I was really nauseated for about two weeks, but after that nothing. When they increased my dose I got small amounts of the nausea again but it went away in a couple of days.

Post a Comment