She finally came back to why she kept saying "Oh, Oh, Oh". It turns out that my FSH level is 32. I am perimenopausal. That means I have no eggs and so yeah. However the RE did give use a prescription for DHEA which could lower my FSH level and could possible make it low enough where we could try and grow me an egg, I guess.
The RE also told us that I might have something called Turner Syndrome. It is a chromosomal disorder. It means I only have one X or I have two but one X is incomplete. I could also pass it onto my daughter. Which means she could be infertile and/or have a heart problem. Turner can also cause the lining of your aortic valve to be thin. Which means it could break and I could die. I will find out within the next week if I definitely have Turner Syndrome or not.
I will be taking these DHEA pills until we find out. If I do then we will be getting a donor egg, I do not want to pass this on. If not, then we will take these DHEA pills for three months and hope for a period. If I get a period then I get my FSH level checked again and pray for it to be around 15. If no period then donor egg it is.
I suppose on another good point my husbands sperm is awesome. His stats were:
His Sperm Concentration: 39 million per ml
Expected: 20 million per ml
His Motility: 56%
Expected: 50%
His Morphology: Unknown Exact Number But Higher Than 5
Expected: 5%
That is where everything stood at the end of our doc appointment. Our follow up is tentatively scheduled for August 19th, 2010.
Now, I just need to vent for a minute. I called to tell my sister what the doc said (she is like my mom, I moved in with her when I was like 12). Well, I told her and she kept saying:
"Why don't you just adopt then"
"Do you want to chance passing that on"
"You should look on the bright side"
"With your personality would you be ok with your DH being blood related to the baby and not you"
"Everything happens for a reason, etc."
"I know how you feel"
Then to make matters worse her daughter, who is 18yrs old, walked and my sister told her everything. After the update my niece said:
"Well, look on the bright side"
"You could always adopt"
Grrrr.
1. I know there is a bright side but seriously just let me cry for a while.
2. I know I can adopt.
3. No, I don't want to pass infertility onto my daughter.
4. HELLO I just want to be pregnant.
5. Why do I have to adopt?
6. Why can't you just be supportive of us getting a donor egg?
Ugh that is how I feel in a nut shell to what they said.
As you can imagine I am overwhelmed with feelings and I crying. Thank goodness for my awesome DH.
He said we will do whatever I wish. I just want to get through the next two or three days. Next week when we find out if I definitely have Turner Syndrome I will let everyone know.

2 comments:
I'm so sorry. :(
I've heard of Turner Syndrome before but I can't remember where. I will definitely keep you in my thoughts.
-hugs-
It seems like I've been hearing Turner's Syndrome come up more often lately - not just in dealing w/ infertility, but actually in babies being norn with it - makes me wonder if either a) there are recent studies and info bringing it to doctors' attention, or b) something environmental is going on affecting dna.
Anyhow, that must have been so irritating for your sister and niece to say those things. *BIG HUGS* for you!
Post a Comment