Monday, May 31, 2010

Second Miscarriage

This is going to be a little long...

So, obviously I've been tweeting about what's been going on with me a ton, but I know not everyone can keep up with everything on there, and since I haven't really posted about it on my own blog yet, I figured I should give an update on here. Two and a half weeks ago, we found out that our baby hadn't grown in the two weeks before, and her heartbeat was gone. So, this was another loss. She was only at about 6.5 weeks of growth in size, and was really not formed properly. I was on progesterone just like last time, even though this was a natural pregnancy. So I stopped the prog. and waited.

Two weeks later, after a litle spotting and some light cramps, nothing was moving along, so I took the misoprostol Rx my doc gave me. That was Friday afternoon. By Sat morning I had passed a lot of tissue, and an ultrasound on Sunday morning confirmed she was gone. The misoprostol was quite a bit more painful than I remember my un-medicated miscarriage in January being. I am still having painful cramps from it here and there, but they go away with 2 advil now, and everything is basically like having my period now. So, the worst of the physical part is over.

We just got the results back from blood testing for chromosomal abnormalities in DH and I, and we're both normal.  I have an order from the RE coming in the mail for about 6 weeks from now to do all the numerous other tests to try and find a cause for my miscarriages. However, based on what she sees as a lack of symptoms, history, or signs at age 34 that I have any of the possible problems, the RE is not confident that we're going to find anything. Basically, I'm too healthy. lol. When the order gets here, I'll tell all y'all what's on it (if I can read it-lol).

So my approach now will be to attack what potential Lifestyle and Environmental Factors I can. (Including losing 15-20 lbs.) I plan on posting all about these in my personal blog, but we'll see if I can get through the wall that has been preventing me from posting there.

Thanks for reading, and for all the support, you guys.

1 comment:

Michele said...

I am sorry to hear about your loss...I have had two losses myself in the past six months...it sucks. Once my hormone levels return to normal following this miscarriage, I am going to go through the full work up of recurrent pregnancy loss tests. I just started seeing a specialist after this last miscarriage - before that I was just being treated at my OB (oh yeah, i had fertility issues too!) I actually just started blogging myself this weekend

TypeATriesToConceive.blogspot.com

Hang in there!

Post a Comment