Thursday, May 13, 2010

Story Time!

Story time! Got a headache yesterday and it's continued on through today. And with that came nausea. Not fun. So I get a call from a roving manager coming to help me out, she was stopping to get food and wanted to see if I wanted anything. I decline and she asks "Are you not eating today?" I let her know I was feeling kinda nauseous so no, I was not. First question is the obvious- "Are you pregnant?" No, duh! But whatever. She doesn't know about our struggles.

So she can only cover for me for a couple of hours and I come up to try to work after resting for a few hours and our 2 maintenance guys are in the office with her. "What's wrong with you? You sick?" Duh again! Told them headache and nausea. "You're pregnant!!!!" No, I'm not. They kept insisting. I kept insisting. Finally I said "We've been trying for 2 years and nothing- I'm not pregnant." They insisted some more with the crap of 'you never know, you have been married for a while'. I then said "No, I just had my period." Poor ignorant people, "you can have 20 periods and be pregnant." No, no you can't. I didn't explain it to them. I didn't have the energy. I went home and rested for a couple more hours and now back for an hour. And hallelujah for that! But really, it was all in humor and I could only laugh at their ignorance...

1 comment:

Everly said...

How come any time a female is nauseous she's automatically pregnant? that drives me insane. The odds of it being something else, anything else are so much greater

Post a Comment