Ok. I suppose I will start at the beginning, I need to provide some back story.
If I am close with you I am usually open with the fact that I have a fertility problem. If not, I usually keep it to myself.
That being said I started working at a new school four months ago. I had told one girl (we will call her Gummie) I work with that I (well we) are going through this and such. I only told Gummie is cause she asked what was going on with me, why all the appointments. Also, Gummie and I have started hanging out socially too. Anyway, moving on.
So, today one of my other female coworkers (we will call her Nakita) asked why I had been out so much last week. Apparently she heard I went home Friday cause I was having severe abdominal pain. I simply told her I had a test done that had some side effects. Then she kept digging and digging. I realized she wasn't going to stop until I told her.
Therefore I told her that I had a fertility problem. Also that my DH and I were seeking the help of a RE. After I told Nakita that she processed to go off on me. So, freaked the F@#$ out. "Why don't you just adopt? Do you know what you are doing to your body? You are going to get cancer. Your baby will be deformed. You could/should adopt. Do you know there are babies waiting to be adopted? What kind of people are you? All these hormones are awful for you. Why IVF? Is all of this even worth it?" And she just kept going on and on and on.
It was awful. I mean I haven't ever had anyone say that to me that before. I didn't know if I wanted to cry or punch her in the face. What is wrong with her? What kind of person says that to someone? I told her that we wanted a baby that was part of us and that we want to adopt in the future. Which is the truth. I also told her that we do not know for a fact that we are going to do IVF. We are going to find out some new news this week. Plus, I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs " OF COURSE IT IS WORTH IT". All I want in this world it to be married to my DH forever and have a baby together.
Lastly, Nakita said that if she was infertile she would never do IVF or IUI or take hormones or any of this stuff. At that point I wanted to yell at her "YOU ARE NOT INFERTILE" Also, I mean you cannot (in my opinion) say that if....that you would never..... You cannot say that you would or wouldn't unless you are in the situation yourself. Ugh.
Well, that was it. Thank you for listening.
Resep Tahu Gimbal Semarang Yoi Enak
8 years ago

7 comments:
:( I can't believe she said that to you. I find it hard to believe that she wouldn't do everything in her power to have a baby if she were infertile.
I'd like to say that I would have punched her in the face, but honestly, I think I would have crumpled up like a piece of paper and dissolved in tears. At least now you know she is not a safe person to talk to, that a shame, she just missed out on a great friendship.
I'll never understand the nerve of some people. You told her something sensitive and she ripped you to shreds.
I understand not knowing whether or not to punch her or cry, it's a difficult situation to be in at the time it's happening.
Ugh! Sadly I completely can believe she reacted that way. Seen it/Experienced it too many times. While a recent lecture I listened to suggested having our own canned responses ready for such a tirade so we maintain control of the situation, the IF inside of me would just want to bitch slap her into next Tuesday. I'm working on my canned responses though so I don't get arrested for disorderly conduct.
((Hugs))
Thank you for the supportive comments ladies. I am glad I am not the only one who wanted to punch her in the face. lol. Thank you again.
that is seriously a shitty thing to say and I can't even imagine why she thought that would be appropriate.
I still can't comment on your other blog, I hit post comment and nothing happens
If you want me to go punch her in the face, I'd be happy to. I'll even wear my diamond rings when I do. : )
What a cow, I would have to tell her that since she is not in the same situation you are, her comments and thoughts mean nothing. And we'd all appreciate it if she'd stfu.
I wonder why you cannot comment on my blog. Hmmmm. Let me see if there is something blocking comments.
Post a Comment