Monday, November 1, 2010

Comfort and Advice Needed

So I've been delaying writing this post. Unsure when to write it. But I figured y'all could provide some comfort and advice. Especially with how scared and freaked out I am.

See, we finally did it- got our BFP. It was a total shock. As of today I'm 6 weeks 4 days. I already went to my first visit last week- so far everything is normal and my hSG levels are right where they should be.

Yet I am still super scared. I don't want to miscarry and I have yet to really allow myself to be happy and relax. My mom said when she miscarried, it was at 7 weeks. So you can probably understand my trepidation. I'm trying to schedule my first ultrasound the earliest my doctor said- on the 15th. I just have this huge fear that we will go and there won't be a heartbeat.

I probably wouldn't think twice about miscarrying except that it's taken us 2 & 1/2 years to get here and I don't want to let go.

Then I fell off a golfcart this past weekend and was so mad. It was my own doing and to endanger the baby? I can't believe I did that! I cried more over that than the pain- which has been bad.

Anyways, any words of comfort or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm already a worry wart and I'm even freaked out more than usual. Please just let this stick! I just want a healthy baby and I'm so scared of losing it. I'll be posting more on my personal blog soon. I'm still super nervous about telling the world. Okay, maybe more scared that I'll jinx it by putting it out there. Like I said, I am so super scared! Hope somebody can help here.


- Brittany

7 comments:

Britney said...

First, congratulations! Second, statistically, it is more likely you will carry to term than miscarry. Third, early term miscarriages are overwhelmingly due to chromosomal failures than anything you could do or not do. Fourth, God is IN CONTROL. He knows the outcome, and He loves this little life so much. Present your request to Him. Phillipians 4:6-8.

Ashlee G. said...

Whoooo Hoooo! Congrats. I don't have any advice except to love every minute of this. I'm so excited for you!

Jos said...

CONGRATS Brittany - I wondered about your worry wort post on your other blog. Hang in there!

Sharon said...

YAY! Congrats! Just hang in there and keep your faith! *hugs*

Unknown said...

Thanks y'all! I appreciate your comments a lot! I'm feeling better. I wasn't feeling very pregnant and that was causing me to worry too. But I just threw up and I can't tell you how happy that makes me. Thanks for the support. I am sooooooooooooo grateful for you!

Tillie said...

That's awesome!!!! Congratulations! I will keep you in my prayers! You and your little one will be fine!! YAY!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I have struggled with infertility. I spend 2 years trying to get pregnant with a baby that would stick. I had 3 miscarriages before I got pregnant with my son. When I saw the positive on the test I cried. Not because of Joy, but because I was so scared. Scared this pregnancy would end like the other 3. But every day I knew in my heart everything was fine, that this was the "one" and I would have a beautiful healthy baby.

Trust me, if there was something wrong you would without a doubt know. God has given us intuition. You have to believe that God is protecting both you and baby.

I know it's easier said than done. I was worried my entire pregnancy and didn't "enjoy" it. Just because other people miscarry, doesn't mean you will.
I will pray for you and your baby, but just take a deep breath. You're going to be a mommy!

Post a Comment