Hello my wonderful ladies:
I hope you'll forgive me telling you this today. I wanted to wait to share the news until after Infertility Awareness Week. But I'm freaking, and I really need your support right now, so I hope you'll forgive my timing.
So, after all my false positive drama (which I'm still convinced it was false), I still hadn't gotten AF. I took another test last Monday, and it was positive. HCG came back 261. I was shocked as hell, but also really happy, especially since it was our 7 year anniversary. The second blood test was on Wednesday, and it doubled to 521. Awesome, even better.
So my RE's office is like, ok we'll schedule you for an ultrasound in three weeks. Ummmm... long time to wait? Last pregnancy (last year), because I'm at a high risk for miscarriage they were testing me once or twice a week. I asked for periodic tests this time just for peace of mind--I'll pay for them out of pocket, I didn't care. I just wanted a heads up if someone was going wrong, so I wouldn't be "surprised" if you know what I mean.
Things are going on well, but apparently I turn into a hypocondriac when I'm pregnant. One thing I ALWAYS do when I'm preggo is wake up in the middle of the night to pee. It's annoying, but I take great comfort in it. The last couple pregnancies, every time I've slept through the night we've miscarried shortly after.
Last night, I slept through the night. I woke up at about 6 am and freaked the F out, because I realized I hadn't gotten up. Also, my breasts were no longer tender.
I left a freaked out message on my doctor's answering machine, and then made my husband call after I knew they had been open for 30 minutes but they hadn't called me. I could practically hear their eyes rolling when they finally called me back. You know what? You're a frickin' RE's office! You deal with women who have repeated miscarriage all the time. You should be a little more sensitive, even if we are completely crazy. But they agreed to have me blood test again this morning, and the doc ordered it stat--it should be in by the end of the day.
I know I sound crazy. And I feel crazy now too, especially since I've got a little breast tenderness back.
I just don't think I can go through this again.
Every time I think, "this is it". But I feel no different this time than any other. It's not more special or different than the past. What if I really am just completely broken inside?
I'm just really scared right now. I hope to God I'm overreacting. If its bad news, I will be heartbroken.
Anyways, again I'm so sorry to surprise you with this news. Obviously I haven't said anything on the blog, or even on Twitter. In that vein, thank you SO MUCH to the Twitter ladies who met with me in the chat room early this morning. I REALLY sprung this news on you, but I didn't want to call anyone else because I know no one else will really understand but you all. So thanks for the talk, I appreciate it.
I'll come back later today and post the results. If you need to find me I'll be here for the next 4 to 6 hours, breathing into this paper bag...
Again, thanks for the support.
PS: I posted on Twitter but wanted to let you know here too, results came back normal. I've never been so happy to have been a crazy overreactor in my whole life. Now just wait for first appointment on May 13.
Resep Tahu Gimbal Semarang Yoi Enak
8 years ago

10 comments:
Oh Kate. I am sending sticky baby vibes BY THE EFFING TRUCKLOAD YOUR WAY. I am ecstatic for you, and I totally understand the freak out. I have only miscarried once and when I was pregnant with Nellie, I flipped a lot in the first trimester. I am crossing everything on my body that is physically possible to be crossed for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
First of all, congrats! Second of all, don't be so hard on yourself. You have a right to all your feelings, good and bad, freak-outs and all, and I firmly believe that all the peeps in the IF and TTC community are going to back you up, be happy for you, and hope and pray for a happy & healthy 9 mos. for you! *hugs!*
Oh Kate! I hope it all goes alright! I'm praying for you with every ounce that it's okay. I really am.
Wow! Wow! I am hoping this next test comes back wayy high. Hoping it's all ok and congrats!
KATE! I'm keeping every single possible thing crossed for you. And sending the stickiest baby vibes I possibly can. We love you! *hugs*
PS You're entitled to freak out. And screw the RE's office. They need to not be such douchebags.
Kate - don't ever worry about the timing of this! Anyone who is struggling TTC knows that it is a WONDERFUL MIRACLE to get that BFP. You of all people should know that! Praying that this baby "sticks" and you have more good news in a couple of hours. We're all here for you!! (@josephinejulia)
Congratulations! I know exactly how you feel so hang in there as best you can. So far, so good!
Kate, I'm sooooo excited for you! I think you have every right to freak out and I know that if I was in your shoes, I'd do the exact same thing! Make that RE see you EVERY DAY if you have to! Sending good vibes your way and keeping everything I can crossed for the next 34.5 weeks!
Kate - that is amazing news! I wish I had been around this morning to help you out - I understand the freaking out completely, I've been there myself. I really hope all comes back great on your test today!! Timing for a IF TTC girl to announce a pregnancy is always perfect, because we are all hoping for the same ourselves. It's hard for me to see "normal" women get pregnant, but when it's one of my IF girls, I truly could not be happier, because I know how hard they've been fighting and how much they want it, and I know I'll be there with you someday!
Why didn't you text and tell me?! Is that why you were so adamant about lunch the other day?! I am so sorry I couldn't go. Text me and let me know what Dr. H says! I can understand the freaking out, but I know plenty of women who don't even know they are pregnant so PLEASE don't rely on the signs! Just try to stay calm and maybe see if you can find an ultrasound machine on craigslist or ebay! ;) I'm praying for you sister!
Post a Comment