Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hi Ya'll (Lengthy)

Hello Ladies, 


I suppose I will start by introducing myself to you all. Then I will tell you where my husband and I are at in our TTC process.


I am Ana, I am 23years old. My husband and I have been married since May 2006. I am also a soon to be college graduate (December). Yay!


As far as fertility goes my husband and I have been TTC since late 2006. We started by seeing a endocrinologist. He told us that I have premature ovarian failure. Therefore since then we have done all types of blood work, different combinations of hormone treatments. Recently (within the last eight months), my OBGYN had me get an ultrasound, tahe different combinations of estrogen and progesterone, then we did four treatments of clomid. Nothing has worked and I still do not have a period. I haven't had a period since I was thirteen. Doctors keep  trying different hormone cocktails to try and get me to get a period, I never do. 


So, in February my husband and I decided to go to a fertility center/fertility specialist. We called to make an appointment and the soonest available appointment was April 1st. Happy April Fools Day. We went to that appointment and the doctor told us that their was no evidence to back up my premature ovarian failure diagnosis. So, we have to figure out what is wrong with me. 


On April 2nd I started taking 60mg of estrogen daily for twenty one days. Then on April 16th I started taking provera for ten days. Which I think I accidentally took two pills in one day. But, moving on I have been off the pills since the 24th. I am now waiting to see if I have a period. Well, it has been four days now and nothing. I have to call my doctor tomorrow and let her know I have not gotten my period. Which breaks my heart. 


The next step is to get a physical, give blood and a urine sample. All of those will happen on what should be day three of my period. Then on day seven, eight, nine or ten I will have to get two more tests done. Test one being a  sonohysterogram, which is where fluid is inserted into my uterine cavity to check for any possible lesions. Test two being a hysterosalpingogram, which is an x-ray where my fallopian tubes are checked to make sure they are open. Has anyone ever had these tests done? If so please share your experience with me. 


So, I guess that within the next couple days or so I will be starting this new round of tests. Then on May 13th we go back to the fertility clinic. At that appointment we will find out the results of all the tests and blood work. We will also be given a proper diagnosis. We will finally know what is wrong with me for sure this time. No, mis-diagnosis this time around. After we know what is actually wrong with me we can find out how to conceive. 


I should mention that my husband has no fertility problem. He gave a semen sample a couple weeks ago. The results show he had a high sperm count. 


I suppose that is it for now. Thank you for reading, the support and for letting me join your blog. Sorry my blog is so long. 


Thank you again Ladies. 

4 comments:

nikki said...

I'm sending prayers your way that your new RE will be able to identify the problem areas and will get your cycle started. I'll be following your journey and hoping for success!

Busted Kate said...

Hi Ana, welcome! I'm so glad you joined us.

I am praying that a) you get your period, and then b) this round of testing will finally bring you some answers. The not knowing what is even wrong is often the worst part.

I've had the 2nd test, the x-ray/dye test before. The procedure was fine, uncomfortable at points but not painful. Doc gave me beforehand to help stuff "open up" down there. It was cool because I actually got to see the dye going through my uterus and ovaries.

I was also very excited because I heard many women get pregnant after having this done, that it flushes stuff out or something. Unfortunately, it wasn't the case for me (well not for like 4 or so cycles later... but hey maybe it helped then?).

Overall, its totally non-scary. Good luck, and I hope it brings some answers soon! :-)

Anonymous said...

Ana, thanks for sharing and I hope you do get some answers soon.

I wanted to chime in about the HSG x-ray dye test. I had it done about 8 months ago. For me the test was very painful. If your doctor tells you to take any pain medication beforehand, make sure you do this and give it plenty of time to work. My HSG might have been more painful because my tubes were blocked, but who knows.

Also, talk to your radiologist beforehand on what they will do if your tubes look blocked. They can inject you with a substance that will relax the tube and rule out any chance that the tube had a spasm. You want to have that done while you are there instead of hearing about the possibility of a spasm later when the test is over.

I don't want to scare you about the pain, but I was expecting very little pain and if I had known how intense it might be I would have been more mentally prepared. Best of luck to you.

Everly said...

I had the HSG done back in November and both of my tubes were blocked. he opened them up with oil. I felt very uncomfortable at times, kind of like a little cramping but for the most part I was fine. I took some OTC pain pills and was good to go afterward. Ana, I tried to leave a comment on your blog but when I hit post a comment, nothing happened.

Post a Comment